> I'm really, honestly baffled by this statement. Django development
> happens in the open. Always has. Anyone anywhere at any time can look
> at what's going on, see what the dev team is talking about, etc. And
> it's not like the places where the discussion happen are a super top
> secret; a link to the dev list is publicly advertised on
> djangoproject.com, as is the bug tracker and wiki.
>
> So please, in all honesty, tell me why you think Django's development
> process isn't "visible" enough for people who are concerned and want
> to get information. If there's a genuine issue I'm missing here, I'd
> love to correct it.

In the beginning, there were updates on the website when new features
were added to the trunk. Now, the Djangoblog (and website, as the blog
is the only "news ticker" on the website) is awfully empty of such
updates. For example that queryset-refactor has been merged to trunk
would, imho, surely have been worth an announcement. Now i read it
here, in this discussion.

I couldn't care less how the bigger changes to trunk are being
announced to the public, either by release announcements or just bare
announcements explaining the new features and gotchas. At the moment,
they are invisible (or well hidden), and i find myself honestly
surprised that there has been progress with Django in the last half
year.