I absolutely agree with: if we were looking for speed we wouldn't use python at
all (period).

From: Florian Apolloner
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 6:29 PM
To: django-developers@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: URL dispatcher slow?

Oh cmon,

please stop playing a socket puppet for the wheezy.web author. A web framework
consists of more than just a win in speed (an the author of wheezy.web can
argue whatever he wants that "basic" stuff stuff should be fast) -- if we were
looking for speed we wouldn't use python at all (period). The goal is to be
fast enough and be able to scale out horizontally, everything else is not
really interesting in the case of web development. While I won't deny that
Django isn't the fastest framework out there it certainly gets it's job done
more than good enough and that's all it matters. I don't know what your goal
is, but please stop posting such meaningless comparisons on django-dev…

That said, if you really think Django's urlresolver is to slow, go ahead,
profile it and improve it, we certainly won't say no to speed improvements…

Cheers,
Florian

Daniel Sokolowski
http://webdesign.danols.com/