> On 18 Jan 2019, at 17:20, Santiago Basulto <santiago.basu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Seems like everybody agrees that for large sites, it's necessary.

Hang on, slow down. 🙂

Personally, I’m not sure it’s too onerous as-is. I’ve not yet seen exactly why
subclassing ModelAdmin in one’s project isn’t good enough. It really depends on
with the “it” is “it’s necessary” is taken to mean…

- Better examples in docs: Great, no problem.
- **More** API on ModelAdmin: OK, maybe, but what does that look like exactly?
- A setting: Really? Do we have to? Can we explore other options first?

Both the docs and adjustments to ModelAdmin options could be pushed forward
with a PR. “Better handling of FK widgets for fields with large counts” —
sounds great, but what does that involve?

Kind Regards,

Carlton

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/9A970D0F-B329-4D54-B89F-40536F0A03F1%40gmail.com.