IIRC such a service could threaten the DSF’a nonprofit / charity status. There
are certainly third parties that offer this, including OS distributions that
will backport security fixes as has been mentioned.

Kye Russell
Sent from my iPhone

> On 12 Aug 2019, at 11:34 pm, Patryk Zawadzki <pat...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> W dniu sobota, 10 sierpnia 2019 18:19:07 UTC+2 użytkownik Uri napisał:
>>
>> Thanks for your feedback. Eventually I found out that the Django Crispy
>> Forms issue was a CSS bug in our CSS code. Anyway not related to Crispy
>> Forms, it may take a lot of time and effort to upgrade Django for us, and I
>> would prefer to keep using Django 1.11 as much as we can.
>
> If upgrading looks like a lot of work today, it will be even more work in a
> year or two. Today a single dependency may be blocking you from the upgrade.
> Unless you have a contract with that dependency's maintainer, there's no
> guarantee of the situation ever improving. Soon you may not be able to add a
> dependency because it will require a newer version of Django. Anecdotal
> evidence: we have an internal policy of not supporting Django versions older
> than the current LTS unless we have someone paying for the effort.
>
> As for the LTS policy: I don't think the current one cuts it. There are
> companies who are fine with upgrading once every two years but these
> companies could probably also do it every release or two. Then there are
> companies who want LTS support and these are often projects that need to run
> largely unmodified for five to ten years. I don't think the current LTS
> support helps them in any way. I think a better option (for both sides) would
> be if the foundation offered paid support for the releases nominated as LTS
> and if that support became more expensive every year (to compensate for
> having to maintain outdated software and to motivate the company to
> eventually allocate the budget to a proper upgrade). Paid support could also
> include features like early vulnerability disclosure and instructions for
> determining whether an issue was exploitable in a particular project.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/c4fd117b-830e-4274-b563-902973316344%40googlegroups.com.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/60E5ED20-012A-40E9-AF92-3D66C2009234%40kye.id.au.
  • ... אורי
    • ... Carlton Gibson
    • ... Adam Johnson
      • ... אורי
        • ... Kye Russell
        • ... Patryk Zawadzki
          • ... Kye Russell
            • ... '1337 Shadow Hacker' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
              • ... '1337 Shadow Hacker' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
                • ... Josh Smeaton
                • ... Aymeric Augustin
                • ... James Bennett
                • ... Levi Cameron
    • ... '1337 Shadow Hacker' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
    • ... Pkl