Note that I asked Two questions. Your answer appears directed to the second
question. The answer to the first question appears fairly clear to me.
Administrators of a system can restrict or delete a user account. It really
is as simple as that. So in that respect the answer is that ultimately an
individual account users do not supersede the wishes/policy of the domain
owners representatives.

The second question is a bit more interesting, but ultimately leads one
back to the first question. As far as being long settled, I would think
that NSF AUP is an interesting precedent.

Michael Hammer