On 12/12/20 10:42 AM, Dave Crocker wrote:

As soon as this specification text, here, contains language about how this information is to be used, should be used, or could be used, it crosses over into creating confusion about expectations of receiver handling.

As a developer for 40 years, I can safely say that reject or discardable or whatever it was in ssp are all abundantly clear and that nobody writing a filter would make the error that you keep insisting that we would. The only thing all of this hand wringing has done is waste time and added to the length of time it takes to get specs out the door.

Quarantine however -- which is why I started this thread -- is not clear at all. Why are we still talking about "reject"?

Mike