On 12/12/2020 10:57 AM, Michael Thomas wrote:
As a developer for 40 years, I can safely say that reject or discardable or whatever it was in ssp are all abundantly clear and that nobody writing a filter would make the error that you keep insisting that we would.

An appeal to authority?  In this group?  Really?

So that means that my citing 50 years of writing this kind of networking standard and seeing exactly the kinds of misinterpretation I'm expressing concern about carries more sway than your own experience (which I suspect is a lot less than 40 years of writing specifications for the public Internet, as to writing them for more constrained environments.)

And the above is mostly meant to serve as a demonstration of just how inappropriate an appeal to authority is, here.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking