On 12/03/2018, goli...@dyne.org <goli...@dyne.org> wrote:
> On 2018-03-11 14:08, Edward Bartolo wrote:
> [snip]
>
> Edward, I'm happy to hear that you've found something that suits you.
> But now I'm wondering what you were previously seeing.
>
> This is the Jessie (purpy) default login screen:
> https://dev1galaxy.org/files/slim_jessie.png
>
> And this is the ASCII (darkpurpy) default login screen.
> https://dev1galaxy.org/files/slim_ascii.png

Neither of the two files, slim_jessie.png and slim_ascii.png, are
identical to what I had as background for slim.

> I have no way of knowing whether you're on Jessie or ASCII

I am on ASCII which has been installed and functioning for several
months. Excuse me for my leaky memory but I do not remember exactly
when I had it installed or distupgraded. If my wetware serves me
right, my path of installation was, first an installation of Debian,
then a conversion to Devuan. For some reason, both debootstrap and the
Devuan installer did not work, so I had to resort to install Debian
first.

I am attaching a screenshot that I scaled down by 25% to save space on
the servers. It is clear something is not not well understood with my
setup.