On 2018-03-12 03:13, Edward Bartolo wrote:
On 12/03/2018, goli...@dyne.org <goli...@dyne.org> wrote:
On 2018-03-11 14:08, Edward Bartolo wrote:
[snip]

Edward, I'm happy to hear that you've found something that suits you.
But now I'm wondering what you were previously seeing.

This is the Jessie (purpy) default login screen:
https://dev1galaxy.org/files/slim_jessie.png

And this is the ASCII (darkpurpy) default login screen.
https://dev1galaxy.org/files/slim_ascii.png

Neither of the two files, slim_jessie.png and slim_ascii.png, are
identical to what I had as background for slim.

I have no way of knowing whether you're on Jessie or ASCII

I am on ASCII which has been installed and functioning for several
months. Excuse me for my leaky memory but I do not remember exactly
when I had it installed or distupgraded. If my wetware serves me
right, my path of installation was, first an installation of Debian,
then a conversion to Devuan. For some reason, both debootstrap and the
Devuan installer did not work, so I had to resort to install Debian
first.

I am attaching a screenshot that I scaled down by 25% to save space on
the servers. It is clear something is not not well understood with my
setup.

That background is the default slim "blood and guts" (as we call it) background. I had nothing to do with it. If you have desktop-base installed you will have a uniform darkpurpy theme from grub to slim to the desktop in Xfce. Sorry I was a bit slow to realize you were not seeing the Devuan specific theming.

golinux