Hiya,

On 13/08/2022 23:32, Paul Vixie wrote:
warren's .ALT proposal can begin to undo that harm. internet standards should describe roads not walls. i am no fan of blockchain naming, but i'd like those systems to reach the market rather than be prevented from doing so.

A strong +1 to the above and the rest of the message
before that quote.

I've no particular fondness for .alt, nor do I know if
the GNU people could live with gnu.alt but I think the
IETF (and not ICANN) really ought be able to, and should,
carve out something like .alt for folk who want to not
use the DNS for domain names.

Cheers,
S.

PS: I also support Warren's idea for a venue for these
discussions.