On 23/11/14 20:29, John Carlyle-Clarke wrote:
Hi Terry.

If an application is using pulseaudio and is using an input device like a
microphone, it will appear in the "Recording" tab of pavucontrol. In there,
you should be able to change which input device it uses. Try making a Skype
Test Call while watching that tab in pavucontrol and you'll see what I mean.

I'm not familiar with Tox, but a quick search to find out if it used
pulseaudio lead me to https://github.com/Tox/toxic/issues/148 which
suggests that Tox uses OpenAL and has its own methods to select inputs.