On 27/03/2022 13:07, Terry Coles wrote:
On Sunday, 27 March 2022 13:00:51 BST Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty wrote:
Can you confirm that the ufw command doesn't return any information?
Yes.  AIUI, ufw is simply a means to construct a firewall by manipulating
iptables rules.  I suspect that the authors of strongSwan and nodogsplash
simply wrote the rules by hand.

Yes you're absolutely right, I just wanted to be sure.

The VPN server doesn't have any rules defined at all, so I'm struggling to see how it could be interfering with the Webserver.

I need to look up some iptables stuff to make sense of it, but this is definitely perplexing.

What happens if you have the webserver plugged and and only plug the VPN server into one side of the simulated network? eg just the office side or just the guest network side?

Hamish