"Don and Diana Cunningham" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the 
drakelist gang
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Bill,
In order to get a good SWR check, AND be kind to your finals, you should tune the T4XB first to a good dummy load then take your SWR reading. The PI network will tune even complex impedances, and you will not see the true picture.
73,
Don, WB5HAK
----- Original Message ----- From: "William Ellis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Drakelist Post" <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, April 21, 2006 5:11 PM
Subject: [drakelist] Tuning a 6BTV



William Ellis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm going to tune the 80 meter portion of a 6BTV by tuning my T-4XB to various portions of the band and use that process to tell when I have it the correct length.(it's too long) To save time, I would think I'd be able to peak the RF TUNE and dip the plate, but not load the antenna. I'd have to increase the gain control so I could get a full deflection on my SWR bridge. Does anyone see why this wouldn.t be a valid method?

Thank,

Bill Ellis, WB9CAC
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions:        [email protected]
Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Zerobeat Web Page:  www.zerobeat.net - sponsored by www.tlchost.net
----------------------------------------------------------------------


----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions:        [email protected]
Unsubscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Zerobeat Web Page:  www.zerobeat.net - sponsored by www.tlchost.net
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to