"Gerry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't think it's a good idea to use a tube-type rig with sweep tubes for
tuning antennas. Other tools I've used over the years are a noise bridge, a
solid-state QRP rig and finally the MFJ-259B. The 259B is EXTREMELY
sensitive to static discharge and strong RF fields but it's cheap and works
well. Last fall I used it to tune my 6BTV exactly where I wanted it in
relatively short order. The thing about the 6BTV is you tune the higher
bands first and then move to the lower bands. Since there is interaction
involved, that can take a while. If I was forced to use a T-4XB, I think I
would use the AM position as it will reduce power dissipation and save your
tubes.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of William Ellis
Sent: Friday, April 21, 2006 6:11 PM
To: Drakelist Post
Subject: [drakelist] Tuning a 6BTV


William Ellis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm going to tune the 80 meter portion of a 6BTV by tuning my T-4XB to 
various portions of the band and use that process to tell when I have it 
the correct length.(it's too long) To save time, I would think I'd be 
able to peak the RF TUNE and dip the plate, but not load the antenna. 
I'd have to increase the gain control so I could get a full deflection 
on my SWR bridge. Does anyone see why this wouldn.t be a valid method?

Thank,

Bill Ellis, WB9CAC
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions:        [email protected]
Unsubscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in
body
Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Zerobeat Web Page:  www.zerobeat.net - sponsored by www.tlchost.net
----------------------------------------------------------------------


----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions:        [email protected]
Unsubscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Zerobeat Web Page:  www.zerobeat.net - sponsored by www.tlchost.net
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to