Garey Barrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Bill -

Nothing really tricky about it.

Start by tuning the transmitter into a dummy load, if you have one, otherwise into the vertical. Do this in TUNE mode of the T-4X. Leave the LOAD control at 0. Dip the final PLATE control and check the VSWR. Assuming you get a reasonable SWR, (say less than 5:1,) make your measurement and unkey the transmitter. Only keep it keyed long enough to read the meter. Then move to the next frequency, key the transmitter and dip the PLATE control again. Make your measurement.

The TUNE mode inserts a series resistor in the screen lead to the final, keeping the plate current and/or dissipation from getting away from you. As long as you DIP the PLATE control each time you change frequency and are reasonably quick with your measurements (less than 30 seconds key down at a time) the transmitter will be fine. If this turns into an all-day project, a small fan lying on top of the transmitter final cage area blowing UP, wouldn't hurt.

73, Garey - K4OAH
Atlanta

Drake B & C-Line Service CDs
<http://www.k4oah.com>





-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of William Ellis
Sent: Friday, April 21, 2006 6:11 PM
To: Drakelist Post
Subject: [drakelist] Tuning a 6BTV


William Ellis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm going to tune the 80 meter portion of a 6BTV by tuning my T-4XB to various portions of the band and use that process to tell when I have it the correct length.(it's too long) To save time, I would think I'd be able to peak the RF TUNE and dip the plate, but not load the antenna. I'd have to increase the gain control so I could get a full deflection on my SWR bridge. Does anyone see why this wouldn.t be a valid method?

Thank,

Bill Ellis, WB9CAC
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions:        [email protected]
Unsubscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Zerobeat Web Page:  www.zerobeat.net - sponsored by www.tlchost.net
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to