Ron Wagner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Bill,
What I would do is load your T4XB into a dummy load, full out. Get it
tuned 100% into the 50 dummy. After complete tuning of the rig, back
down the RF drive to just enough to make the SWR meter work. Swing the
output of the SWR to the antenna system. At that point you should be only
like about 5-6 watts or so. The 6JB6 finals will take a lot of abuse at
the power level. Not that I recommend doing this for any length of time,
but they will hold up to the 15-20 seconds at a time you should need to
check the swr and track it on a graph to know how you are doing with the
antenna. I did my first 80 meter inverted-v that way years ago with my
TR3. I sold that rig several years back with original finals still
putting out good power.
As far as not loading the antenna, your already more or less did by having
a tank circuit. Only thing is that you have no idea where you tuned it
(impedence wise). Only thing you know is that it is tuned to some
impedence. At least that is how I see it. I think you really want to
have everything tuned into 50 ohms, tank circuit, swr bridge, antenna
system. Note I said system.
Good luck, and hope this helps.
73,
Ron
============================================================
Visit my astronomy home page. http://www.dma.org/~wagner
Amateur Radio Station: WD8SBB - Ron and KB8NRP - Joann
============================================================
On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, William Ellis wrote:
William Ellis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm going to tune the 80 meter portion of a 6BTV by tuning my T-4XB to
various portions of the band and use that process to tell when I have it the
correct length.(it's too long) To save time, I would think I'd be able to
peak the RF TUNE and dip the plate, but not load the antenna. I'd have to
increase the gain control so I could get a full deflection on my SWR bridge.
Does anyone see why this wouldn.t be a valid method?
Thank,
Bill Ellis, WB9CAC
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions: [email protected]
Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in
body
Hopelessly Lost: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Zerobeat Web Page: www.zerobeat.net - sponsored by www.tlchost.net
----------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions: [email protected]
Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Zerobeat Web Page: www.zerobeat.net - sponsored by www.tlchost.net
----------------------------------------------------------------------