"kd7nm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi Bill,
>From my days as a frequent 75-meter mobile op, with my TR-3 and Hustler standard RM-75 coil - you'll move the antenna stinger about 0.2 to 0.25 inches for every 10 kHz of frequency change. I've not needed to move it lately on the RM-75S that's on my 6BTV, but if my (less than perfect) memory serves, you have to move the stinger about the same amount per unit of frequency change, but with the stinger "in" a lot further, than for any particular frequency with the much shorter mobile whip. I cut the stinger shorter a long time ago - it seems like I needed to take about 4" off of the overall length to get it to tune up to the top to 4 MHz. Another suggestion for you is to use a file to score around the stinger a little - enough so you can find it when you lower the antenna to adjust the stinger. Tune the antenna up every 50-100 kHz (some even number), then take it down, score the antenna, and move to the next frequency. That way when you have to move a long ways up or down the band, you can more easily move the stinger the right amount the first (or perhaps the second) time. Hope that helps! 73, Bob, KD7NM ----- Original Message Follows ----- From: William Ellis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: Drakelist Post <[email protected]> Subject: [drakelist] Tuning a 6BTV Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 17:11:11 -0500 >William Ellis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the >drakelist gang >----------------------------------------------------------- >----------- I'm going to tune the 80 meter portion of a >6BTV by tuning my T-4XB to various portions of the band >and use that process to tell when I have it the correct >length.(it's too long) To save time, I would think I'd be >able to peak the RF TUNE and dip the plate, but not load >the antenna. I'd have to increase the gain control so I >could get a full deflection on my SWR bridge. Does anyone >see why this wouldn.t be a valid method? > >Thank, > >Bill Ellis, WB9CAC >----------------------------------------------------------- >----------- Submissions: [email protected] >Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - >unsubscribe drakelist in body Hopelessly Lost: >[EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message >Zerobeat Web Page: www.zerobeat.net - sponsored by >www.tlchost.net >----------------------------------------------------------- >----------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Submissions: [email protected] Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body Hopelessly Lost: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message Zerobeat Web Page: www.zerobeat.net - sponsored by www.tlchost.net ----------------------------------------------------------------------

