Mark Pilant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, it seems there is light at the end of the tunnel.


Here's what I've done:

   1)   Cleaned up the grime and dust using Q-tips and alcohol.
   2)   Applied DeoxIT to all switch contacts, tube sockets, and
        the T/R relay.
   3)   Checked all the tubes on my TV-7A to make sure there were
        not any obvious problems.
   4)   Checked all resistance measurements against the table in
        the TR-3 manual.  The first time through, several of the
        measurements were way out.  It turns out the T/R relay
        contacts were in dire need of cleaning; beyond what DeoxIT
        was able to do.
   5)   Installed a grounded cord in the AC-3.
   6)   Checked the power supply voltages.  All were within spec,
        and the AC ripple was less than 175 mA on all the supplies.
        All parts on the supply are original!

I plugged the radio and power supply together and tried to receive
any signals.  Nothing.  Rats... !!

Here is a major DUH!!!

It seems I needed to plug in the RV-3 to make everything work.  Out
of the box, there is a jumper installed in the TR-3 to allow it to
work without a remote VFO.  If you add the remote VFO, you need to
remove the jumper.  So without the remote VFO plugged in, the receive
section was effectively disabled.

Once I got everything put together correctly, I was finally able to
receive a 40m broadcast.

Next on the list is to check all the voltages against the table in
the manual and then go through the alignment procedure.

Unfortunately, that will probably have to wait until the weekend :-(


Thank you everyone for your help and suggestions.

73

- Mark  N1VQW

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Zerobeat Web Page:  www.zerobeat.net - sponsored by www.tlchost.net
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to