"Al Parker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
----------------------------------------------------------------------
hi Mark,
It's been a while since I've played with a TR-3, but your tr relay operation sounds correct. It shouldn't operate in cal mode because you don't want the xmtr on. It doesn't operate in SSB because it waits until teh VOX or PTT operates it. It does operate in AM & CW, 'cuz thats the way it does. In AM you want it to, in CW "they" want it to. It makes it necessary to switch manually from xmt to rcv when operating CW, no QSK, not even slowly. Different on CW in the TR-4's, but I think the same for other modes.
73,
Al, W8UT
New Bern, NC
www.boatanchors.org
www.hammarlund.info


----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Pilant" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 6:46 PM
Subject: Re: [drakelist] TR-3 refurbishing



Mark Pilant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
----------------------------------------------------------------------
HI Carl.

> Yep, go to http://mysite.verizon.net/halo.net/ click projects
> ...TR3 relay  same board

Looks nice.  I'll definitely keep it in mind.

I finished another round of resistance measurements after cleaning
the relay contacts and they are now all reasonable; except for the
VFO pin 7; it still reads as open.

One thing I did notice was when I power up the TR-3, if the mode
switch is in either the CAL or SSB position, the T/R relay is not
energized.  However, when I switch the mode switch to either CW or
AM, the T/R relay is energized.  I haven't looked at the schematic
yet to see if I can puzzle this one out.  (Although it may be
normal; this is all new to me :-)

73

- Mark  N1VQW


----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Zerobeat Web Page:  www.zerobeat.net - sponsored by www.tlchost.net
----------------------------------------------------------------------




----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Zerobeat Web Page:  www.zerobeat.net - sponsored by www.tlchost.net
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to