I painted a really bad TR-6 chasis[ Is there anything left that is sacred? :) ] 
with aluminum (not silver) 2 part epoxy paint.  With the top cover back on it 
looked very much like the chasis of a TR-4C without tube numbers.  I was 
pleased with it.  It looked better than before.  I did not paint over the 
serial number. Tom K4RV  
 > Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 12:39:58 -0400
> From: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: [Drakelist] Copper chassis restoration
> 
> I am usually amazed at how well the copper chassis clean up with simple aids 
> like 409 and Charlie's Soap (wonderful stuff only available in my area of 
> NC).  I've seen the Flitz-and-Dremel (or should that be "Flitz-und-Dremel" 
> ;-)  ) technique on WB4HFN's website and am still a little disappointed in 
> how a larger area of corrosion will look after this process.
> 
> I've seen some hobbyist paints, as well as Krylon, offered in a copper color. 
>  Has anyone tried any of these?  I'm just looking for something that will 
> mask the ugliness somewhat and realize it will never perfectly match.  
> There's an area about 1 x 2 near the PTO of my "new" R-4B that has all the 
> hallmarks of "Pepsi Syndrome" and I'd like to both protect and dress-up the 
> area a little.
> 
> Again, not going to make it a museum piece - just looking for ways of doing 
> the equivalent of "bondo" to take the ugly away...
> 
> 73,
> 
> Steve
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Drakelist mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://mailman.zerobeat.net/mailman/listinfo/drakelist
                                          
_______________________________________________
Drakelist mailing list
[email protected]
http://mailman.zerobeat.net/mailman/listinfo/drakelist

Reply via email to