My experience is...yes, you can clean it with various stuff....but if
the plating is gone...you really just have to live with it. If it's
gone I have found no way to improve the looks.
I just happened onto a B line with virtually no spotting.
But I have another that is moderate...they both work the same.
73,
Lee
-----Original Message-----
From: Ron <[email protected]>
To: drakelist <[email protected]>; Steve Wedge
<[email protected]>
Sent: Tue, Sep 6, 2011 7:14 pm
Subject: Re: [Drakelist] Copper chassis restoration
I have not tried it, but seem to remember a discussion of Kroil oil as
loosening
the rust spots so you can gently clean them away. Not sure if this
was just
talk or actual results.
Anyone tried it?
73,
Ron WD8SBB
--- On Tue, 9/6/11, Steve Wedge <[email protected]> wrote:
From: Steve Wedge <[email protected]>
Subject: [Drakelist] Copper chassis restoration
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Date: Tuesday, September 6, 2011, 12:39 PM
I am usually amazed at how well the
copper chassis clean up with simple aids like 409 and
Charlie's Soap (wonderful stuff only available in my area of
NC). I've seen the Flitz-and-Dremel (or should that be
"Flitz-und-Dremel" ;-) ) technique on WB4HFN's website
and am still a little disappointed in how a larger area of
corrosion will look after this process.
I've seen some hobbyist paints, as well as Krylon, offered
in a copper color. Has anyone tried any of
these? I'm just looking for something that will mask
the ugliness somewhat and realize it will never perfectly
match. There's an area about 1 x 2 near the PTO of my
"new" R-4B that has all the hallmarks of "Pepsi Syndrome"
and I'd like to both protect and dress-up the area a
little.
Again, not going to make it a museum piece - just looking
for ways of doing the equivalent of "bondo" to take the ugly
away...
73,
Steve
_______________________________________________
Drakelist mailing list
[email protected]
http://mailman.zerobeat.net/mailman/listinfo/drakelist
_______________________________________________
Drakelist mailing list
[email protected]
http://mailman.zerobeat.net/mailman/listinfo/drakelist
_______________________________________________
Drakelist mailing list
[email protected]
http://mailman.zerobeat.net/mailman/listinfo/drakelist