I wonder if anyone has ever tried a product called 'Rub-N-Buff'?? It's a waxy substance that is used to 'restore' metallic objects, and comes in 'Antique Brass', 'OLD COPPER', Silver, etc., etc...... It looks great, but I don't know how well it would fare under hot chassis operation. When you buff it out, it is extremely thin and may work. One of these days I'm going to find the time to try it out!

Drake 2-B, 2-C/2-NT, 4-A, 4-B, C-Line
and TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

Steve Wedge wrote:
I am usually amazed at how well the copper chassis clean up with simple aids like 409 and
Charlie's Soap (wonderful stuff only available in my area of NC).  I've seen the
Flitz-and-Dremel (or should that be "Flitz-und-Dremel" ;-)  ) technique on
WB4HFN's website and am still a little disappointed in how a larger area of corrosion
will look after this process.

I've seen some hobbyist paints, as well as Krylon, offered in a copper color.  Has anyone tried any
of these?  I'm just looking for something that will mask the ugliness somewhat and realize it will
never perfectly match.  There's an area about 1 x 2 near the PTO of my "new" R-4B that
has all the hallmarks of "Pepsi Syndrome" and I'd like to both protect and dress-up the
area a little.

Again, not going to make it a museum piece - just looking for ways of doing the
equivalent of "bondo" to take the ugly away...

73,

Steve