Hi Steve,

I have had some limited success with Naval jelly. It seems to stop and remove the rust pretty well. Like you said, it isn't going to look like new. Whatever damage the rust did will still be there (pitting, bare steel etc.). But, it is much cleaner looking after it is cleaned up. When I'm done, I just hit it with a coat of lacquer to keep air from getting to it again and starting the process all over. It does leave shiny copper where you use it, so it won't match
the rest of the old copper. The only thing that will fix that is time.

It isn't a perfect solution, but it is much better than rust and corrosion left unchecked.

Bob  K6GGO

I am usually amazed at how well the copper chassis clean up with simple aids like 409 and
Charlie's Soap (wonderful stuff only available in my area of NC).  I've seen the
Flitz-and-Dremel (or should that be "Flitz-und-Dremel" ;-)  ) technique on
WB4HFN's website and am still a little disappointed in how a larger area of corrosion
will look after this process.

I've seen some hobbyist paints, as well as Krylon, offered in a copper color.  Has anyone tried any
of these?  I'm just looking for something that will mask the ugliness somewhat and realize it will
never perfectly match.  There's an area about 1 x 2 near the PTO of my "new" R-4B that
has all the hallmarks of "Pepsi Syndrome" and I'd like to both protect and dress-up the
area a little.

Again, not going to make it a museum piece - just looking for ways of doing the
equivalent of "bondo" to take the ugly away...

73,

Steve