Hi Jens!

> > > So, the question is how to we get that process going.  As a suggestion,
> > > maybe
> > > a weekly IRC meeting would help where new developers can ask the experts,
> > > and
> > > each other, questions about DRI, XFree or 3D graphics.  I am sure it would
> > > be
> > > much easier for Darryl, Paul, or any of the other DRI experts to allocate an
> > > hour or so a week to participate in an IRC chat as opposed to monitoring and
> > > answering mailing list messages.  It would allow the new developers to more
> > > quickly get answers to their questions.  Also, the IRC logs could be posted
> > > on the DRI web site.
> >
> > I like that idea. I could work it into my schedule. As a strawman, how
> > about 5pm (pacific) on Monday? That gives people a couple days to see
> > this and work it into their schedules. I picked early evening, so people
> > could do it after work if necessary and not be late for the east coast
> > folks. It's harder to schedule a global meeting! How's that work for
> > people? It would be great if someone could volunteer to take the log and
> > pull useful bits out for use in documentation.
>
> Sure, Monday at 5pm pacific time works for me.  We'll see how many
> questions do show up.  If nothing else, we can catch up with the old
> team :-)

Could we perhaps change this. All of us scattered around the middle of earth
(europe, south africa, etc.) strikes that as 23:00, 00:00, etc.

What about 8am - 10am pacific time. That's our afternoons?

Maybe that would screw people in the far east, but I don't know how many of
the interested parties is in the far east. Maybe we should have a little poll?

--

Regards
 Abraham

Volley Theory:
        It is better to have lobbed and lost than never to have lobbed at all.

 Abraham vd Merwe - 2d3D, Inc.

 Device Driver Development, Outsourcing, Embedded Systems

  Cell: +27 82 565 4451         Snailmail:
   Tel: +27 21 761 7549            Block C, Antree Park
   Fax: +27 21 761 7648            Doncaster Road
 Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Kenilworth, 7700
  Http: http://www.2d3d.com        South Africa