This is not meant as a wet blanket, as I encourage family friendly employment
practices for all countries and for all occupations.  But, I wonder how those
figures would look if all areas of science were considered?  It may be that
smaller economies, and the Scandinavian countries in particular, put a greater
fraction of their available resources for scientific research into ecology than
do larger economies and non-Scandinavian countries.  Is U.S. science more
diversified than Finnish or Icelandic science?

David McNeely

--
David McNeely