Like Chandreyee Mitra I was surprised by the comment included in Clara's list:
"7. ...i am somewhat exercised by your post because, IMO, too many young,
especially, female,
applicants don't bring much to the table that others don't already know or that
cannot be readily
duplicated or that is mostly generalist-oriented..."

This is a sentiment that I have heard before in other venues and find
abhorrent.  I initially chose not
to comment on it here, but I do support Chandreyee's in her comment.

However, I am disgusted by the response Chandreyee recieved.  To be told to
simply use your email
filter and not worry your silly little head over such matters is offensive.
The concerns Chandreyee
raised are legitimate, and should be addressed with the gravity and respect
they deserve.

I would like to remind all readers of ESA's code of ethics, particularly
principle g.
"Ecologists will not discriminate against others, in the course of their work
on the basis of gender,
sexual orientation, marital status, creed, religion, race, color, national
origin, age, economic status,
disability, or organizational affiliation."

Yvette Dickinson