Hi Jon,

> on 12/17/01 3:31 AM, "keithwong" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Some advantages of Objective HTML are:
> > - Form data is much easily handled and much more intuitive
>
> Look at Torque in the Jakarta Turbine project. I just reviewed your
> documentation and your project seems to be a combination of wanting to be
> like Torque (but is limited to hard coded Java classes to describe your
form
> logic) and the old SPFC
> project...<http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/java-spfc/> that never went
> anywhere because it was a terrible idea.

Hmm.. I had a look and these projects and they don't really seem anything
like mine?
Maybe you should of looked at my project in more detail before forming this
bias opinion, which is evident in your tone.

> > - No need to have 3 pieces of code like MVC (jsp, bean, controller),
> > instead most of your code lies in one class
>
> This is the first time in about 4 years, I have heard someone say that MVC
> is a bad thing. Hmmm...I'm sure you know better than a well known and
> accepted software engineering model.

I really appreciate the sarcasm is your comments. First I never said MVC was
bad! You're right that MVC is well known and well accepted... but I'm more
concerned whether people actually like it!? I've never really heard anyone
say they love MVC. maybe you do..

> > - Much more Object-Orientated than typical MVC frameworks
>
> Suuurrrreeee....

More sarcasm... can you tell me why you think having html/jsp tags/scriplets
in a .jsp file is more OO?

> > - Supports html and xhtml output types
>
> What about the DBFRJE output type?

more sarcasm i presume..

> > - Less knowledge of html required, most of the messy html code is
> > abstracted in the Java objects
>
> We eventually discovered that hiding HTML in Java is bad and that it is
much
> better over the long term to use a tool like Velocity. That is why this
> project is nearly dead and Velocity is moving along at lightening speed.
> Sorry for the bad pun.
>
> This project is one of those lessons that I personally learned from quite
> bit.

well then main aim of my project isn't too hide html in java code. it was to
provide an easier way developers could access all the components of their
form.

> > - Fully open source
>
> All right!
>
> Anyway, the summary is that what you are creating has already been done
over
> the years by several other people and was discovered to be a very bad
idea.
> It is never a good idea to code that much logic and UI into Java code...it
> is much better to abstract it out into configuration files that make it
easy
> for someone who isn't familiar with the code to figure things out.
>
> It is always sad to see someone work so hard on ideas that have already
been
> hashed over a bunch of times. I'm sure you will learn a lot though. Good
> luck with your project.
>
> -jon

honestly Jon I would of expected a more positive response from you...
obviously you have a lot of resentment in your project not succeeding. If
you honestly had a look at my project you would see that its not really what
you described it to be here.

btw... almost everything in the software would is not a new idea... its
always the implementation that matters.