On Tue, 20 Sep 2016 18:35:27 +0000
Eric J <eric_c...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I had recently stopped monitoring the reflector as I only have a K1 and
> two K2's. Everything is K3 and subject lines rarely reflect that anymore
> so it's hard to filter them. But I had a K2 problem and rejoined. Got a
> response with solution within an hour! And discovered that I miss the OT
> discussions from a unique bunch of experts. Most of the OTs are
> interesting and more relevant to a non-KX/K3 owner. So I'm back to
> monitoring only OTs. hi.
>
> The new products don't fill any need in my hamming that isn't satisfied
> by the K2, but the ongoing development of the state of ham art at
> Elecraft is extraordinary to see.
>
> Eric KE6US
>
> On 9/19/2016 8:05 PM, Ron D'Eau Claire wrote:
> > P.S. Us K2 owners are rather quiet these days. I suspect few are still
> > monitoring the reflector. I miss the many questions about soldering,
> > testing, setting up an antenna, etc. But time, and products, moves on..

> Message delivered to kg7...@fwarc.org

This reflector has helped me on several occasions.  Most recently I got Don
Wilhelm's (W3FPR) name as a possible repair person.  I had an incomplete K2 (2
years uncompleted) which he completed, tested, and aligned at a cost which I
consider quite good and in a speedy manner.

I finally got some ham friends to help install a vertical antenna (I'm in a
wheelchair) and am now beginning to learn how to use the K2.

My thanks to Don and others on this list who have offered help and advise with
problems as they occurred.

73, Tom Taylor  KE7TT

--

The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance. The wise man grows it under
his feet.

^^^^
Tom Taylor  KE7TT
openSUSE 13.1 (64-bit), Kernel 3.11.6-4-default,
KDE 4.11.2, AMD A8-7600, GeForce GTX 960
16GB RAM -- 3x1.5TB sata2 -- 128GB-SSD
FF 40.1, claws-mail 3.10.1
registered linux user 263467