Richard and all,

The proper place to cure "RF in the shack" problems is in your antenna system. A good common mode choke (many call it a balun) in the antenna feedline and running the feedline at right angles to the radiator (assuming a dipole) to keep the feedline from picking up radiation from the radiator. If that physical configuration cannot be avoided, then an additional common mode choke at the shack entry point can help.

In the case of off-center fed antennas and end-fed antennas, often the common mode current on the feedline can be difficult to cure. Use of one or more of the effective "baluns" described by Jim Brown K9YC at http://audiosystemsgroup.com/RFI-Ham.pdf will help.

With effective common mode chokes on the antenna and feedline, you should not have to use ferrites on every cable in the shack - a much more sane answer IMHO.

73,
Don W3FPR