To add to my previous post-

I have the problem, home made interface for serial port ptt. This problem is NOT a MicroHam problem, or Elecraft problem. I have had the problem on my IC-7000 and ANAN-10E (which I no longer use split on, not needed there) I have not seen the problem when NOT using split. The problem *IS NOT* rf in the shack, it happens even with 1 watt out, and nothing else happens even when the KPA-500 is on at full power, any mode!
Please - this *IS NOT* a ptt contention problem or rf in the shack problem.
Gordon  - N1MGO