This happens to me once in a while however if I let it go through the cycle it shuts off TX and will be normal again next cycle with RF out. Strange.

73!

Tom - KB2SMS

KX2 #1927

On 11/13/2017 03:07 PM, Bert Garcia N8NN wrote:
This problem is not unique to the K3.  My Yaesu FT-1000mp does the same
thing -- locks up in transmit mode with no RF output and I have to turn it
off to regain control.  The lock up is intermittent, and some days it never
happens.  Rebooting everything works for a while, but when I least expect
it, the lockups will start again.

Bert N8NN

-----Original Message-----
From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Gary Smith
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2017 2:13 PM
To: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] WSJT-X K3/K3s hanging as Tx

For those using WSJT-X, sometimes I find the K3s is locked as transmit but
there is no RF being sent and no Rx from the K3.

Looking at the P3 I see a jitter on the upper half of the screen as if there
was a tiny output but no Rf is seen on any of the three SWR meters in line
(K3s, AP3 & LP-100A).

I couldn't get WSJT to receive, looked at the settings, all were correct and
as is sometimes needed with WSJT-X, I rebooted to get it to work properly
but it still did not lock onto the K3s frequency.
Rebooted again and then I realized the K3s was in that TX condition with
both the red & yellow LEDs lit and that jitter on the
P3 upper screen.

This happens every so often and what I
have to do is touch any of the buttons on the K3s and it disengages this
situation.
I did that to deal with the issue I
mentioned above. I could restart the K3s but then I'd have to restart
LP-Bridge and wait, so I use the quick fix.

Anyone experience this and figure out how to prevent it?

Thanks!

73,

Gary
KA1J