Well Richard we will have to agree to disagree. Unlike you I am one of
the people who helped "finance the radio's production." Therefore if
anything this makes me more entitled to complain than you.

As a customer of Elecraft since 1999 I was happy to put down the
deposit. I was confident they will deliver the radio I am so keen to
own. I still am. Sure, it is not being delivered by the dates they
originally said. But I'm still going to receive it before all those
who didn't stump up the deposit, and that's all I expected. I knew
there was a chance there would be a slippage in the delivery dates.
That's the risk I took. I still think it was worth the risk.

It's absolute nonsense to describe as "incompetence" the reasons for
the delay. I suppose you would say the same about Microsoft for its
delays in shipping Windows Vista? They were only shipping software, so
no excuses of unavailable parts. And that delay resulting in a launch
after Christmas cost their customers millions of dollars in lost sales
of new computers.

All the delayed shipping of the K3 is costing is a few frayed tempers.
Sure you could count the lost interest on the deposit paid, or even
the changing exchange rates. I'm sure the K3 is going to be worth what
I pay. If I hadn't been, I'd have waited until they were shipping and
I could see one, work one, read what people said about them, before
making the decision.
--
Julian, G4ILO K2 s/n: 392  K3 s/n: ???
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com