On Fri, 14 Sep 2007, Vic K2VCO wrote:

As a beta tester, whose radio still has all of the pre-production boards and who pasted little paper labels on my pre-production front panel where control functions have changed, I can tell you after using it that I wouldn't trade this radio for *anything* out there (well, I haven't tried the Hilberling PT-8000, about EU 12K for the 100-watt version).

The K3 is not vapor, it's real. The firmware does not pretend to work, it works. It is really, really well thought out. It has depth.

Gee, Vic....I wonder how many of you beta folks will have to make statements to calm the waters?

Based on my experiences, I thought that it was perfectly fine to assist Elecraft with a deposit, and I'm willing to wait to get what they decide the optimal production piece in the first run.

I'm beginning to look at the comments like I do people that don't vote:

Don't vote, Don't complain.

And you know, I don't think I've seen any of the complainers who did order a K3
offer their place in line to any of the folks patiently wating.

Some folks appear to be more interesting in complaining than most anything else.

So who cares if it's a few weeks late? Or months, for that matter?

Perhaps if one has their panties all wadded-up, the discomfort outweighs common sense.

73 - k3hrn
Thom,EIEIO
Email, Internet, Electronic Information Officer

www.baltimorehon.com/                    Home of the Baltimore Lexicon
www.tlchost.net/hosting/                 Web Hosting as low as 3.49/month