On Thursday 06 June 2013 18:55:24 EBo did opine:

> rockhopper?

Yeah EBo, it draws logic diagrams of what you have wired up in your .hal
files.  But my lathe has so much stuff, that by the time I load its
generated output into inkscape, and zoom in to where I can actually read
the box titles, is about 2 feet high & pushing 6 feet wide, so if I want to
print it, I need to run it thru a poster maker, tiling the image onto about
15 sheets in landscape mode.

With that, I hope to see what I may have thats dead ended and can be
removed, easing lcnc's workload in the servo-thread.

> On Jun 6 2013 3:01 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Greetings Guys;
> >
> > Someone mentioned that rockhopper can make .pdf
> > s somehow, and those of coarse can be scaled.
> >
> > Since I now own an HL3170CDW color laser printer, what steps does it
> > take
> > to do this, blowing my lathe .hal file up into at least a 6 page
> > output?
> >
> > Progress on the lathe, it seems I bought a dud controller on ebay,
> > blown in
> > a manner similar to what I did with the first one.  So rather than
> > pour
> > more money down that rat hole, I've ordered one that uses HEXFET's,
> > good
> > for 25 amps, runs dead silent.  Nominally $150, some outfit in
> > Wisconsin
> > makes it.  And I've located the rest of the chips to shotgun the C41,
> > so
> > maybe I'll be turning the spindle motor again by Monday evening.
> >
> > Thanks for any help on rockhopper.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views