On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 10:18:33PM +0300, tero.kaarl...@eka-sorvaus.fi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for reminding me about docs. I did update quickref and
> also gcode.txt. It also describes that P word is an optional Dwell
> at the bottom of thread.

Great!

> I tried to find Pause disable from G33.1
> and G76 but I was unable. Unless those are built in with function
> SPEED_FEED_SYNCH_START.

You might be right.

> But that cannot be used with G84 since it is for machines without
> spindle position feedback. If someone knows better pls tell me. I
> was thinking of building something similar to
> SET/GET_OPTIONAL_PROGRAM_STOP for
> pause(SET/GET_PROGRAM_PAUSE_DISABLED). In emccanon and use it in
> emctaskmain for overriding pause. Would that be a good way to go?

I don't think so, because you don't want to disable or ignore pause.
I think you want to cause the pause to happen as soon as it's safe,
at the end of retraction.  This might be a deep change,
unfortunately.

> Yes if M49 was already called it would be set multiple times. Is
> there an already built mechanism to check if speed/feed overrides
> are already in? I did run our machine with this patch and it seems
> to work ok in practice.

Setting M49 multiple times is not what I was worried about - it's
the undoing of the M49 at the end of G84 that worries me.

I think maybe like GET_EXTERNAL_FEED_OVERRIDE_ENABLE()?  See
src/emc/task/emccanon.cc

You would want to save the existing setting before G84, then restore
it when done.