On Sat, Oct 01, 2016 at 10:59:54PM +0300, tero.kaarl...@eka-sorvaus.fi wrote:

>  GET_EXTERNAL_FEED_OVERRIDE_ENABLE()
>  GET_EXTERNAL_SPINDLE_OVERRIDE_ENABLE()
> Always return 1. I am afraid. Maybe because in saicanon.cc we have:
>
> /* MGS - FIXME - These functions should not be stubbed out to return
> constants.
> They should return variable values... */
> int GET_EXTERNAL_FEED_OVERRIDE_ENABLE() {return 1;}
> int GET_EXTERNAL_SPINDLE_OVERRIDE_ENABLE() {return 1;}
>
> So this needs to be fixed first?

Hi Tero,

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

SAI is the "stand-alone interpreter" which is mostly used by the
test suite - it's not used by a running linuxcnc at all.  Some of
the things the test suite don't care about are not implemented,
including this -- just as some things aren't implemented for the
AXIS preview when it doesn't make any difference for preview (in
src/emc/rs274ngc/gcodemodule.cc you'll find another return 1 for
this function.)

The important definition for the motion controller is in
src/emc/task/emccanon.cc:

int GET_EXTERNAL_FEED_OVERRIDE_ENABLE()
{
    return emcStatus->motion.traj.feed_override_enabled;
}

I think it's likely it does actually work, because I can see the
status buffer gets changed by doing this test:

Run sim/axis
Home all axes
Machine/Show LinuxCNC Status
scroll down to feed_override_enabled
MDI m48, m49
See that feed_override_enabled changes

What test are you doing that shows it not working?

Chris