cortland.richmond...@ccmailsmtp.ast.com wrote:

>           While not losing sight of the reason why regulations exist,
>           let's also remember that if we don't participate in making
>           them, we can only complain afterwards about their impact....

OK, OK, OK Cortland,

Now at least I understand completely your unrealistic reactions and
 previous statements defending the rules and the rule making people
 so hungry.

Just state you have a financial interest in the rules and it will
 close the loop.
 Read my last EMAIL posted under the subject "LOW COST measurement
 equipment" (not yet published in emc-pstc due turnarround time) and
 you'll see that I got already the message before your above
 referenced EMAIL.

Useless to lure yourself, even if you state "As usual, the above
 opinions are my own, and may not reflect those of my employer" you
 can't hide that you are defending your direct financial interest.

Discrediting people by general statements as "do not complain, you
 didn't participate" is a poor counterbalance to the privileged
 position you try to maintain "a l'envers et contre tout".

In view of your last reactions and how more I reed my first EMAIL (and
 lounge of the subject),
recall:
" By making rules, they don't have to justify themselves as their business,
" most of the time, is inside institutions or organizations who have
" the sovereignty to propose (impose) rules to the governments without
" having to justify themselves.
" They are not controlled by moderated authorities and even worse usually
" address themselves to equipment manufacturers who all have interest
" to promote expensive equipment.
" Also University's are consulted, they are great but most of the time
" have no practical experience with small companies and are not facing
" this kind of production reality, so they add rules also.
" But anyhow, the rule making people have to protect their job and authority
" in no way are concerned with the sometimes unjustified rules they
" impose and problems they cause.

how more I see my statements are true.

Paul Rampelbergh
Wezembeek-Oppem (Belgium)