I had to throw this in here <wink>.
This came from a friend of mine...the source I do not know.
Remember, this is a joke....  :)

Let's just make sure we don't all start speaking "New-Speak" a la 1984.

The European Union commissioners have announced that agreement has been reached
to adopt English
as the preferred language for European communications, rather than German,
which was the other possibility.

As part of the negotiations, Her Majesty's Government conceded that English
spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a five year phase-in
plan for what will be known as EuroEnglish.

In the first year, "s" will be used instead of the soft "c". Sertainly, sivil
servants will reseive this news with joy.  Also, the hard "c" will be replaced
with "k". Not only will this klear up konfusion, but typewriters kan have one
less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the
troublesome "ph" will be replaced by "f".  This will make words like "fotograf"
20 persent shorter.

In the third year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to
reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will
enkourage the removal of double letters, which have always ben a deterent to
akurate speling.

Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of the silent "e" in the languag is
disgrasful, and it would go.

By the fourth year, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" by
"z" and "w" by "v".  During ze fifz year, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from
vords kontaining "ou" and similar chnages vud of kors be aplid to ozer
kombinations of leters.

After zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor
trubls or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech ozer.

Ze drem vil finali kum tru.