On Sunday, December 25, 2011 08:09:04 PM kqt4a...@gmail.com did opine:

[...]
> >>>>>>>>>>>> 40VDC 10Amp Linear Power Supply

I missed that in the original posting.  That translates to your being about
to run, all other stuff equal, at about 135% of my best speeds.

> Thanks for the pointers, I think you have dumbed it down as much as
> possible Being thick and persistant is not a good combination
> It works anyway

Great!

> Richard

:)  I hear that!  I got curious and picked up my table and bolted it down,
then started moving recent config values to the 4 or 5 year old .hal & .ini
files which were originally setup for 4 axis's.

I had to adjust lots of things but I wound up with an mdi 'g0a360' and g0a0
that worked but I have something set too slow as I have no feed override
increase available.  But it was running error free at 1800 degrees/minute
for a g0 move, and can run at 2400/minute once I find where my headroom
went.

And this was with a 252 oz/in motor on it, not the 425 I thought I had
installed earlier.  That translates to having 3 425's left to put on a
lathe.  ;-)

By that time (about 1.5-2 hours elapsed) my feet were about to sign off
(I'm 77, diabetic and the shop building the mill is in is not well
insulated, and its down to the lower 40's here in WV now.  I have plenty of
240 volt power out there and keep it just warm enough to stay above the dew
point so tools don't rust).  I'll likely repeat, with the next session
having fresh printouts of the integrators manual available since mine in
the 3 ring binders out in the shop are about a year old & Big John Thornton
has been busy updating them.

But before it gets back to warm weather, I need to pull my drive box off
the shelf and ascertain the state of the "idle powerdown to 50% current"
dip switch on that axis, that motor alone was running nice & warm (115F?)
where the other 3 weren't much more than 75F in a 55F building. The motor
can take it, and has for days at a time in the heat of the summer, its not
really overheating that much.  I am more concerned with the life of the
capacitors in the drive since its running at set current 100% of the time.

My lifetime specialty was electronics, troubleshooting to the bad part
level, and making a living at it since I was about 15 YO, in tv broadcast
the last 45 years.  I am a CET, but that doesn't make me anything here but
a hobbyist now into his dotage years.  :)

A retired JOAT who uses this stuff to keep him out of the bars is one way I
could be described. :)

These guys here on this list, and on IRC continually amaze me by bailing me
out when I am out on a limb and sawing it off behind me, so I try to return
the favor when I can.

Cheers, Gene
The world is full of people who have never, since childhood, met an
open doorway with an open mind.
                -- E.B. White