> Thanks for the "heads up". That textual CAM package is very interesting,
> even though it neither documents our LinuxCNC dialect nor provides a
> more human readable variant of same. We could change our goal to gcode
> generation, but that would mean abandoning current goals.

The cam-zone blog has some notes on the internal
toolpath-representation ("CLDATA") that most CAM-systems use. It seems
they are all some variant of APT, either ascii or binary, and every
CAM-vendor has their own dialect.
http://camzone.org/2012/01/14/post-processors-what-you-should-know-about-them/

Anders