On 1/28/2012 9:20 AM, Michael Haberler wrote:
> a bit of trawling yielded this:
>
> http://fennetic.net/irc/emc3/src/emc/interpreter/
>
> this has rs274 parsers done with ANTLR, and bison/flex
>
> I have no idea what the status is
>
> -m

Michael:

Interesting...the directory bits "irc/emc3" certainly suggests irc
conversations on the subject took place some five years ago. Did you
look at the stuff in the irc/emc3/docs directory? The file
EMC3_Architecture.doc reads like the conversations on this list the past
few days.

I suppose a first item of business with the rs274ngc parser code would
be to examine the grammar. As a start, I just looked at the Parser and
rs274ngcTokenTypes files. I don't see a case statement or token for the
"O" word, so some work has been left to the interested student with
regard to the flow-control codes. I don't have time to dig deeper.

That this parser work already exists is another proof of something my
thesis adviser told me long ago: there are rarely new ideas, just new
attempts to implement them.

Regards,
Kent