On Sunday, March 25, 2012 08:31:23 PM Kirk Wallace did opine:

> On Sun, 2012-03-25 at 18:31 -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> > On Sunday, March 25, 2012 06:18:24 PM Gary Corlew did opine:
> > > My limit switches are at the ends of the travel farthest away from
> > > the chuck both axis(X & Z) I have no clue what s/b means, to set up
> > > your tools I set mine up to the end of the part you are going to
> > > machine after I face it off a little then take a cut on the od and
> > > set your tool to that
> >
> > Thanks Gary.  As for s/b, its short hand for "should be".  I think I
> > have a printed copy of this link already, in a 3 ring binder out in
> > the shop, just need to locate it.  Too many 3 ring binders on the
> > shelf now...
> >
> > > This link should explain how to set up your lathe tools
> > > http://linuxcnc.org/docs/html/lathe_lathe-user.html

Real tools aren't hooked up yet, waiting on enough stuff to make a parport
cable, and I'm just starting on wiring up the interface card.  Visually in
axis, they move what I would call correct, X+ moves right, Y+ moves up from
the bottom, as if moving in toward center.

ATM I need to get the two driver packages bolted down, along with the fan,
and then I can get serious about the interface card, at the instant, its in
the way of doing much else.  And I see I'll need to bring the power
supplies for the card and fan out to a terminal strip, moving a wire
attached to the LM317T's is bending the output lead, so I'll have to get
that bolted down before I start seriously wrestling with the cards wiring.

I did get that window fitted, but it won't be fastened in till the card is
all wired up.

Cheers, Gene
What foods these morsels be!