Greetings all;

Do any of you know of a pulley maker that can supply a large hub in in a
40 tooth pulley that is also more than an inch wide at the hub?

I find that to align a belt on the X drive, that I have to find a pulley
with an 8mm bore, but around 2" wide at the hub, because I am going to
have to bore it away under the belt to allow it to sit on the X drive
shaft with an offset of at east an inch so that it can be aligned with
the pulley on the motor.

I just went thru 18 pages of ebay without finding a pulley with a hub
wider than 1".

So its either a looooong hub, or I make the adaptor, which means the
pulley will need bored out to at least 1.375" in diameter in order to
fit over the adapter's outer cylinder, perhaps all the way thru.  Maybe
even make a flange on the adapter that a thin webbed pulley might be
bolted to.  Obviously I don't relish that idea. Doable, yes. A time
sink, double yes.

I did see ebay had some 2/1 and 3/1 step drives that might give that much
axial offset, but they were for wider belts and even a 2/1 would impinge
on the gear ratio, possible messing with the performance of a G76's end
of stroke retraction.

I'm not terribly interested in dealing with that one custom pulley maker,
having been quoted $272 for the metal version of the plastic one I can
get from LMS for $4.50 + ship.

So if anyone knows of other alternatives, I'm all eyeballs.

Thanks everybody.