On 09/19/2016 12:09 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Greetings all;
>
> Do any of you know of a pulley maker that can supply a large hub in in a
> 40 tooth pulley that is also more than an inch wide at the hub?

I always buy my pulleys with undersize bores and bore them
out. Stock sintered pulleys are typically WAY off center.
For flanged pulleys, you make a ring out of aluminum on the
lathe that has an ID very close to the diameter of the lands
on the pulley, and an OD larger than the flange.  The
thinckess of the ring should be a hair less than the space
between flanges.  You cut the ring into two halves, put them
on the pulley and you can turn it accurately in the lathe.
McMaster-Carr has a fair selection of XL pulleys.

If the hub is too small, you can just remove the hub and
bore right through the teeth to insert the setscrews in the
body of the pulley.

Jon