i be honest, i am not smart enough to go into CURA - opensource software to
increase step up in Z direction up to .5" and turn extruder feed off or set
extruder feed to constant.

not sure how many people can do that --slicing step is variable with a
maximum of 0.05 surely that is a constant in
the code. Just change it!
go into open GL - software engine etc. is not my level task. i fish to find
some one that can do that.