Could you not get constant extruder feed by simply ignoring what the software
generates or by using the feed rate to generate a feed/nofeed signal? If the
slicing step is variable with a maximum of 0.05 surely that is a constant in
the code. Just change it! The reason for open source is that you can modify
such restrictions to suit your needs.