On Wednesday 23 May 2018 14:20:39 Andy Pugh wrote:

> > On 23 May 2018, at 17:38, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:
> >
> > Surely that lower pulley is not on the encoder shaft?
>
> What leads you to doubt it?

I can't see anything but what looks like cast iron behind the pulley.

But then you've amply demo'd your chops in making pretty castings too.
That hat being doffed in respect just outside the picture frame is
mine. :)  I spent part of a summer back in Iowa, after helping make the
tv cameras that were on the Trieste when it went down into the mohole
almost 60 years ago, working in a small town iron foundry in Perry Iowa,
but the only real takeaway was a bad back the rest of my life.