On Sun, 2 Dec 2018, Gene Heskett wrote:

Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2018 17:35:38 -0500
From: Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Another confusion point for PCW

On Sunday 02 December 2018 16:18:13 andy pugh wrote:

On Sun, 2 Dec 2018 at 21:03, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
wrote:

For outputs, the dmesg and the halscope selector both appear to be

correct, I just fired up lcnc and ran the halscope, no signals from
the machine are connected to anything as I am waiting on some 5 pin
connectors, and the 8 stepgen sigs, step(4) & dir(4) signals are
indeed on 5i25 gpio.000 thru gpio.007,

Just ignore the 5i25 GPIO pins!

The 7i76 manual tells you where the stepgen terminals are on the
headers.

And that is working just fine!

You simply don't need to know what is happening inside that DB25
cable.

In this particular case, I've hit a wall Andy, First dmesg is the only
tool in the box that connects a gpio to a bob pin. I don't have any
control over where it puts a pwmgen when I config it for one, required
because thats how I control 2 of Jon's Pico PWM-Servo's which I am using
for spindle control of 2 PMDC spindle motors. Set for output_type=1, it
shows in 025-026-027 as speed in pwm, not-enable, and dir in that same
order. But dir is not getting to 5i25.gpio.027. A show stopper.

The other spindle controls in the 7i76, don't show up anyplace in the hal
meter menu's or in show-pin's. Don't have a vfd, so I don't need the D-A
convertors in the 7i76, just these 3 below, And this IS a show stopper
as the 7i76 has no pwmgen capability.

From show pins:
 5i25 P2-5, works
 bit   OUT         FALSE  hm2_5i25.0.gpio.025.in     PWMGEN.0.pdm out
 bit   OUT          TRUE  hm2_5i25.0.gpio.025.in_not

 5i25 P2-6, works
 bit   OUT          TRUE  hm2_5i25.0.gpio.026.in     PWMGEN not-enable
 bit   OUT         FALSE  hm2_5i25.0.gpio.026.in_not

 5i25 P2-7, no signal here except in the halui stanza, direction shows
there in a halmeter.
 bit   OUT         FALSE  hm2_5i25.0.gpio.027.in     PWMGEN dir output
 bit   OUT          TRUE  hm2_5i25.0.gpio.027.in_not IF output_type=1,

which it is, but its not getting to that gpio or any other one either.

why?? 5i25 Firmware bug? Its 5i25_7i76_7i78 firmware in it, and verified.

I would not expect that pin to be available as a GPIO output, you must change the sign of the PWM value to change direction

--
Cheers, Andy, Gene Heskett

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics