On Sun, 2 Dec 2018, Gene Heskett wrote:

Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2018 21:03:05 -0500
From: Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Another confusion point for PCW

On Sunday 02 December 2018 18:53:38 andy pugh wrote:

On Sun, 2 Dec 2018 at 22:37, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:
  5i25 P2-7, no signal here except in the halui stanza, direction
shows there in a halmeter.
  bit   OUT         FALSE  hm2_5i25.0.gpio.027.in     PWMGEN dir
output bit   OUT          TRUE  hm2_5i25.0.gpio.027.in_not IF
output_type=1,

How are you trying to control the DIR output?

It should be FALSE for positive PWM duty cycle and negative for
negative PWM duty cycle.

Its not changing with the direction chosen, and its a dc level switch,
logic 0 for fwd, and logic 1 for reverse, and its been running that way
for 3, maybe 4 years now, on the pwmgen in a 5i25 with prob-rfx2
firmware in it. Looking at the pwm itself with the halscope, its sort of
crazy because there is no feedback to the pid right now so its going
crazy. It will run from .1 as pid input at 20revs, or 3000 revs at 98%
duty cycle, in the direction chosen by the non working dir signal, when
the 5i25 is driving it from prob-rfx2 firmware. I have 5i25_7i76_7i78
firmware in it now since that looks to be pretty close to driving a bob.
Right now, I'm thinking thats a bug in the 5i25 firmware in that its only
coupling the pwm and ena signals to the other pins, but missing the
coupling from direction to gpio.027(now on 5i25.0.p2.07 with this
firmware)

So I'm going to go study the 2 pin files and see if I can figure out why.

Again, how are you changing the direction?

With the 7I78 configuration, the direction pin is owned by the PWM generator so the only way to change the direction pin is to change the sign of the PWM value

Later, probably tomorrow, thanks Andy.

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics

(\__/)