On Thursday 18 November 2021 17:57:19 Alan Condit wrote:

> I built a new controller for my 9x20 lathe using a 5i25/7i76 combo. I
> thought I had everything working but I still can’t get the spindle
> working correctly. I have a 1.5hp PMDC treadmill motor that I am
> controlling with a Cycletrol-150 DC controller. The am using the
> analog out from the 7i76 to replace the potentiometer to control the
> spindle speed. I have a 100 count encoder with index (homemade) on the
> spindle. The spindle starts under LCNC control but I am not getting an
> “at speed indication” at above 60rpm.

Can you post that piece of your .hal file?

Your 100 count encoder, if quadrature output and index, (ABX or ABZ)
should be running with a 400 "SPINDLE_SCALE" in the ini file, as its
edges that usually count. Hooking up a pyvcp tach might be a good move.

Checking the encoder output with a decent triggered scope would serve as
a speed chck by measureing the time from rising edge to the next rising
edge, and taking the reciprical which would be the speed in rps,
multiply by 60 for rpm.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis